Commercial buildings, offices, and premises, cannot have to have power outages. Any kind of electrical problem can have a domino effect on the entire setup, and it is important for managers to have the number of a reliable commercial electrical service handy at all times. Not all local businesses in the industry are same, and in this guide, we are sharing a few tips that may come in handy.
- Emergency services are important. When you look for local names in this sector, you should check if they have emergency electrical service. Like we mentioned, you cannot afford to have power outages and unwanted electrical concerns, and it is important to find a service that can be relied on. Make sure that they have a hotline number and an in-house team of repairmen.
- Services offered. Beyond emergency repairs, check if the electrical service deals with other requirements, such as energy audits, replacement of fixtures and parts, diagnostic tasks, and commercial electrical planning. The service you choose also must have some experience with system maintenance and should have contract options for interested clients.
- Ask the basic questions. As a new client, you have every right to ask questions when you check for commercial electrical services. Ask things like –
- How long has the company been in business?
- Do they have trained, bonded, and insured electricians?
- Are they licensed? Do they have necessary permits?
- Is the company willing to offer local references?
- Will they offer an estimate in advance?
Advanced solutions and installations
A good electrical service is a big asset for any commercial space or building, and it is important to find a team that’s experienced and reliable. Check if their electricians are well-versed with energy distribution networks, if they can help with automation, advanced lighting solutions, and if they adhere to the building codes by Topeka. Another area of expertise that matters is wiring solutions for specific areas, such as parking, and ability to design lighting solutions for better advertising.
Check for maintenance contracts
Ask the shortlisted service if they are keen on offering a maintenance contract and what’s included in such contracts typically. Maintenance contracts are handy because you can actually avoid unexpected and expensive downtime concerns and reduce the need for unforeseen repairs.
No matter the job, do get an estimate and ensure that all the warranties and other details, as applicable, are mentioned on paper. If needed, call up a few of the references they have suggested.