Not everyone is a fan of the 9-to-5 job routine, no matter the pay. If you are someone who loves the open road, becoming a truck driver might be the right career path for you. Anyone aged 21 or above can decide to become a truck driver, and the pay is incredibly great, better than what most people think. Here are some of perks of being a trucker!
- The pay. Once you have received your CDL and got your first job, you can expect earn handsomely. Even new drivers in the US can make as much as $70,000 per year, while some of the experienced ones make close to $90,000 or more annually.
- Easy career. Think of this – you don’t need to spend years in college to get your degree and then apply for jobs. As soon as you turn 21, you can learn driving and apply for your license. Your career starts right there, and you can find numerous opportunities, as you gain more experience.
- Increasing demand. There is a constant demand for professional truck drivers, primarily because not many people think of this as a good and well-paying job. Truth be told, truck drivers make considerable money, because they are needed by transportation and many other industries. Note that you need Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to start your career.
- Technology perks. Today, there are apps that have been designed by companies to support and help truck drivers, so that they can work better. All truck drivers can get the information they need through an app, get notifications on route changes from the company, and have other features for better on-road experience.
- Travel through the country. If traveling is your passion, becoming a truck driver will open up new options for you. Get to travel between states and that too for money. Contrary to what some people believe, truck drivers do have enough time for themselves, and you can explore every new city or region you visit.
You can check online to know more on how to get a CDL license and apply for truck driver jobs online. This is one of those fields, where you can expect incredible experience with each ride, and you will still get paid holidays and enough time to spend with your family. An adventurous and well-paying career doesn’t get any better than this. Apply for your license and check for job listings now.